Tales from outer turnip head...

Tales from outer turnip head...

Sunday, January 4, 2015

A New Year's Break...

Although I was supposed to write part four of a series on Graphic Novels, I am choosing to take the week off. It is only a few days into 2015 and I am behind in my work already... and so I will steal a few hours from writing to catch up before I fall down.  

Here is a 20 year old ditty in lieu of the scheduled post...

 

the million hands which craft our lives 
exist unaware of our sufferings
and triumphs –
in a feeble attempt we reach up… (but 
to where?)… and fall forward 
on our identities…
– all for a glimmer of hope that 
one hand will reach out…
the one which is foreign… 
to help steady the fall… or if not…
at least to wipe the gravel from our smiles…




Happy New Year folks. Don't forget to be the reachers and steadiers for those who need a smile...

No comments:

Post a Comment