Tales from outer turnip head...

Tales from outer turnip head...

Sunday, September 17, 2017

Duct tape, hot glue, and tin.



Duct Tape repair on boots from the 20th century 
Pot Metal Blow Out Tin Repair on '07 Toro
"I'm fixing a hole where the rain gets in - And stops my mind from wandering - Where it will go":  So much depends on the quick fixes that aren't done right or with the correct tools and that make the things work in an only partial way of course. So much depends on the time time potentially saved to fix something else in a half-assed way when we jump right in and wing it. So much depends on the mistakes we make in our haste and sloppy impatience as we stumble through the repairs of our lives...

"I'm filling the cracks that ran through the door - And kept my mind from wandering - Where it will go": Sometimes I might spend days researching, planning, and learning to do a job right. Working at it such that the outcome just has to be as I hope as I invest time and money and effort and hope in a solution. And sometimes the learning is incomplete and those plans go awry and the job gets botched...

"And it really doesn't matter if
I'm wrong I'm right - Where I belong I'm right - Where I belong.": So every once and a while I just use duct tape, or hot glue, or a piece of tin. Sometimes I just wing it. And sometimes winging  it gets me a victory.

"I'm taking the time for a number of things - That weren't important yesterday - And I still go - Ooh ooh ooh ah ah": It reminds me that sometimes the solutions are simple things, incomplete things, messy things. Sometimes the "fix" is just a "mend" that doesn't impede the momentum of living. Sometimes I think it might be the right thing to just show up and see what happens...

Image result for fixing things right

No comments:

Post a Comment